Fox's Earth - 1st Edition/1st Printing
by Siddons, Anne Rivers
- Very Good+ in Near Fine dust jacket
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
Summerville, South Carolina
Standard Delivery: 5 to 14 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
When it comes to depicting the modern American South, Anne River Siddons is unrivaled. In Fox's Earth , called "psychologically astute and excellently written" by Cosmopolitan , she pens a dark but seductive tale of five generations of Southern women and the house that was at once both their greatest inheritance and their most confining prison. In 1904, Ruth Yancey is only ten years old when she is brought to live at the magnificent mansion called Fox's Earth. But the impoverished daughter of an abusive mill worker has already internalized her mother's steely code: Men may hold all the power, but a woman possesses one thing that can get her anything in the world she wants...if she's prepared to make certain sacrifices. Deserted by her mother in order to give her a better chance at wealth, Ruth's own ambition drives her to possess Fox's Earth at any cost, even though her sacrifice will ultimately be her own husband, children, and grandchildren.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Books Tell You Why, Inc. (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Fox's Earth - 1st Edition/1st Printing
- Siddons, Anne Rivers
- 1/4 Cloth
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good+ in Near Fine dust jacket
- First Edition; First Printing; Signed by Author
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- Simon and Schuster
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date published
- Collectible Rare Out-Of-Print, Southern Authors, Authors Georgia, Southern Fiction, Southern Literature
Terms of Sale
Books Tell You Why, Inc.
Shipping after receipt of payment. S.C. residents agree that 7.5% Sales Tax will be added to their invoice. The whole purchase cost (incl. shipping & handling) will be refunded if listing is inaccurate or shipment is damaged. Returns need to be authorized prior to their shipment within 14 days of your receipt.
About the Seller
About Books Tell You Why, Inc.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- When a book is described as being inscribed, it indicates that a short note written by the author or a previous owner has...[more]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- The book is pristine and free of any defects, in the same condition as ...[more]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]
- A term used to denote a condition a slight grade better than Good.