Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
It is difficult to think of any home that can do without Elizabeth David's FRENCH PROVINCIAL COOKING...One could cook for a lifetime on the book alone' - Observer Elizabeth David succeeds in inducing a desire to use each recipe as soon as it is read. Whether she is describing the preparation of a plain green salad, or the marinading of a haunch of wild boar, she writes with the same imaginative directness. Recipes like 'pot au feu' are described in all their delicious simplicity, which, it is made clear, means cooking without elaboration and has nothing to do with the higgledy piggledy 'let's hope it's all right' technique. Some excellent advice is included on the choice of the tools that would always be needed in any kitchen.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Book Bazaar (CA)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- FRENCH PROVINCIAL COOKING
- David, Elizabeth
- Renny, Juliet
- Book condition
- Used - Good+
- Jacket condition
- First U. K.
- Michael Joseph
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- First Edition, Cookbooks, French Cooking
- Bookseller catalogs
- Food; Reference;
Terms of Sale
Visa, MasterCard accepted. In Canada e-Transfer preferred - also 5% GST will be added to Canadian orders. All books guaranteed as described and may be returned within 2 or 3 days of receipt and notification. Restocking charges may apply. Shipping costs are the responsibility of the buyer. We Track every parcel..
About the Seller
About Book Bazaar
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- Generally refers to minor discoloration or staining.
- A common abbreviation for Front Free EndPaper. Generally, it is the first page of a book and is part of a single sheet that...[more]
- price clipped
- When a book is described as price-clipped, it indicates that the portion of the dust jacket flap that has the publisher's...[more]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]