Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
It is difficult to think of any home that can do without Elizabeth David's FRENCH PROVINCIAL COOKING...One could cook for a lifetime on the book alone' - Observer Elizabeth David succeeds in inducing a desire to use each recipe as soon as it is read. Whether she is describing the preparation of a plain green salad, or the marinading of a haunch of wild boar, she writes with the same imaginative directness. Recipes like 'pot au feu' are described in all their delicious simplicity, which, it is made clear, means cooking without elaboration and has nothing to do with the higgledy piggledy 'let's hope it's all right' technique. Some excellent advice is included on the choice of the tools that would always be needed in any kitchen.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Eaglestones (ZA)
- Seller Inventory #
- French Provincial Cooking
- Elizabeth David
- Juliet Renny
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good
- Jacket condition
- Very Good
- Reprint of Second Edition (Revised).
- Michael Joseph for the Cookery Book Club
- Date published
Terms of Sale
About the Seller
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- Any printing of a book which follows the original edition. By definition, a reprint is not a first edition.