Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Chicago: Hooper, Clarke, & Co. A 2-volume set. Covers are scuffed and worn. and leaves are browned and somewhat brittle. Binding, however, is in very good condition.. Original Cloth. Good/No Jacket. 12mo - over 6¾" - 7¾" Tall; 13 x 19.5.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Books from Benert (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- The French Revolution. A History
- Thomas Carlyle
- Book condition
- Used - Good
- Jacket condition
- No Jacket
- Hooper, Clarke, & Co.
- Place of Publication
- Bookseller catalogs
- 12mo - over 6¾" - 7¾" Tall; 13 x 19.5
Terms of Sale
Books from Benert
Books carry a 15 day return guarantee, with full refund including shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged. Books are sent withing two business days. They are carefully packaged and usually sent by USPS media mail unless buyer prefers, or the weight requires, another method or a higher shipping rate. Special shipping conditions must be arranged before sale is completed. Normal shipping charges for media mail are $3.90 for the first book and $2.00 for each additional book. For standard USPS shipping the charges will be about $12.50, and $5.00 for each additional book.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2015
Ask Seller a Question
About Books from Benert
This is a sole proprietorship operating under the name of "Books from Benert." It is owned by Richard Benert, 340 Little Wolf Road, Bozeman, Montana, 59715. All the books are from my private collection in my home at the above address. Most of the books cover various aspects of European history, with special emphasis on medieval and early modern political and legal thought and institutions, including a few rare law books from the 16 the 17th centuries.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Very generally, "leaves" refers to the pages of a book, as in the common phrase, "loose-leaf pages." A leaf is a single sheet...[more]
- A duodecimo is a book approximately 7 by 4.5 inches in size, or similar in size to a contemporary mass market paperback....[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]