Gautama the Enlightened and other verse
by Masefield, John
- See description
Hay on Wye, Herefordshire
Standard Delivery: 8 to 25 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Inscribed 'For Gilbert Murray from John Masefield. Christmas. 1941' to ffep.
Two associated letters loosely inserted:
One, headed Burcote Brook, handwritten from Masefield to 'My dear Murray'. [Gilbert Murray]
The second, headed Magdalen College Oxford, dated 1957 from George W. Baer to Aunt Emmie.
Masefield, John Edward (1878–1967)
Murray, (George) Gilbert Aimé (1866–1957)
Professor George W. Baer University of California, Peace Fellow at The Hoover Institution Stanford. Author.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Paul Haynes Rare Books (GB)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Gautama the Enlightened and other verse
- Masefield, John
- Book condition
- Quantity available
- William Heinemann Ltd
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- ALS, Poetry, Gilbert Murray, George W. Baer
- Bookseller catalogs
- Literature; Provenance, Bookplates and Associations;
Terms of Sale
Paul Haynes Rare Books
We hope to describe items accurately, and any purchase may be returned if it does not correspond with the description, on condition that postal arrangements for return are confirmed as soon as possible with us in advance of return.
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged. All items are fully insured during transit, a signature will be required on delivery. Heavier items and multi volume sets may incur a commensurate increase in the postage cost. Post Brexit postage costs have suddenly increased, and may be subject to change. We will endeavour to find the most cost efficient means of postage for our customers. If we can find a lower price for postage we will adjust the charge accordingly. Regrettably, European customers may find that there are currently long delays in delivery due to the Brexit chaos.
About the Seller
About Paul Haynes Rare Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- A common abbreviation for Front Free EndPaper. Generally, it is the first page of a book and is part of a single sheet that...[more]
- The book is pristine and free of any defects, in the same condition as ...[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing...[more]