Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
New York: Emerson Books Inc., 1948 NY, Emerson Books, 1948. 4th Edition and 1st American Edition. HC,blk cl with gilt letters to cvr and sp, 5 3/4 x 8 3/4, X, 256pp, col frontis, 53 b/w figs, tables, appendix includes glossary, index. Anderson pioneered the use of the spectroscope as an instrument for gem identification, and from the first London edition in 1942, was heralded as a major contribution to gemmology. ASSOCIATION COPY:From the personal collection of Victor Argenzio, whose name is signed on frnt endpaper; he was a jeweler in Denver, Colorado,leading authority on diamonds, author of several books on diamonds.Spine a bit dulled, internally fine. A Near Fine copy. 1st Edition. Hardcover. Fine/No Jacket.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Twelfth Street Booksellers (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Gem Testing
- Anderson, B.W
- Book condition
- Used - Fine
- Jacket condition
- No Jacket
- Quantity available
- 1st Edition
- New York: Emerson Books Inc.
- Date published
- GEM TESTING, GEMOLOGY, SPECTROSCOPE, SPECTROSCOPY, GEMMOLOGY
Terms of Sale
Twelfth Street Booksellers
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2017
Santa Monica, California
Ask Seller a Question
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]