A General Chart Exhibiting the Discoveries made by Captn James Cook in this and his two preceding Voyages; with the Tracks of the Ships under his Command by Lieut Heny Roberts of His Majesty's Royal Navy
by [Roberts, Lieut. Henry] George Byrne, engraver; Christopher Byrne, printer
- Very good overall
Garrison, New York
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Dublin: United Company of Booksellers, by Christr. Byrne, 1784. Maps. Very good overall. The general chart for a Dublin edition of Cook's Voyages, re-engraved & printed by the Byrne family. A very impressive and unusual map, as the Irish editions are very often found without maps. The very bright impression, on high quality laid paper, persuades us that this is an early pull from this plate, most likely the 1784 Dublin edition, Beddie 1546. All three of Cook's voyages' tracks are marked with dates. Neatly flattened, backed on acid-free tissue, some old folds strengthened. 35 x 22.8 inches, with full margins.
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
- Antipodean Books, Maps & Prints (US)
- Seller’s Inventory #
- A General Chart Exhibiting the Discoveries made by Captn James Cook in this and his two preceding Voyages; with the Tracks of the Ships under his Command by Lieut Heny Roberts of His Majesty's Royal Navy
- [Roberts, Lieut. Henry] George Byrne, engraver; Christopher Byrne, printer
- Book condition
- Used - Very good overall
- Quantity available
- United Company of Booksellers, by Christr. Byrne
- Place of Publication
- Date Published
- Bookseller catalogs
- HAWAII; COOK, JAMES; AUSTRALIA;
Terms of Sale
Antipodean Books, Maps & Prints
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including shipping costs for up to 10 days after delivery if an item arrives mis-described or damaged.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2009
Garrison, New York
Ask Seller a Question
About Antipodean Books, Maps & Prints
Booksellers for over 40 years, members of prominent trade associations (ABAA, ILAB, ANZAAB, IMCOS, ANZMS, PBFA). We are located at Garrison NY, a stone's throw from the Metro North Hudson line train, just over 1 hr. from NYC on the banks of the Hudson River. Books, maps, prints & ephemera bought & sold.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Full page illustration or photograph. Plates are printed separately from the text of the book, and bound in at production. I.e.,... [More]