The General History of the Vast Continent and Islands of America, Commonly Calld The West-Indies, from The First Discovery thereof: With the Best Accounts the People could give of their Antiquities. Collected from the Original Relations sent to the Kings of Spain
by De Herrera, Antonio
- See description
San Anselmo, California
Standard Delivery: 7 to 14 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Heldfond Book Gallery, ABAA-ILAB (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- The General History of the Vast Continent and Islands of America, Commonly Calld The West-Indies, from The First Discovery thereof: With the Best Accounts the People could give of their Antiquities. Collected from the Original Relations sent to the Kings of Spain
- De Herrera, Antonio
- Bound in full period calfskin. Elaborate gilt ruled spine compartments with gilt-tooled fleural motifs. Red and green morocco la
- Book condition
- Jer. Batley at The Dove.
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- Six Volumes.
- 8v0. 5"x8".
Terms of Sale
Heldfond Book Gallery, ABAA-ILAB
The Heldfond Book Gallery is an elected member of the Antiquarian Booksellers Association of America and the International League of Antiquarian Booksellers and conforms to all ethical codes and standards of those organizations.Books found to be materially mis-described may be returned within seven days of receipt and all monies will be promptly refunded, if returned to us in the same condition as sent.
About the Seller
About Heldfond Book Gallery, ABAA-ILAB
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects,...[more]
- The inside margin of a book, connecting the pages to the joints near the binding.
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- Morocco is a style of leather book binding that is usually made with goatskin, as it is durable and easy to dye. (see also...[more]
- Full page illustration or photograph. Plates are printed separately from the text of the book, and bound in at production. I.e.,...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- Calf or calf hide is a common form of leather binding. Calf binding is naturally a light brown but there are ways to treat...[more]
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- A term often used to indicate a book's new-like condition. Indicates that the hinges are not loosened. A book described as crisp...[more]