by Lois Lowry
Standard Delivery: 5 to 12 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
with love to those who read - remember - and GIVE - Lois Lowry 1994
This copy may have never been read - the spine is tight. There are some speckles at the top of the book which I will show in the pictures. There is also evidence of where a name/address sticker was placed inside.
**5% of this sale will go towards the fight against racial injustice.
The Giver is a 1993 novel by Lois Lowry. It is set in a future society which is at first presented as a utopian society and gradually appears more and more dystopian; therefore, it could be considered anti-utopian. The novel follows a boy named Jonas through the twelfth year of his life. The society has eliminated pain and strife by converting to "Sameness", a plan which has also eradicated emotional depth from their lives.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
This was a classic long before it became a movie about the hidden problems of creating a utopian society.
- Used Books & New Art LLC (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- The Giver
- Lois Lowry
- Book condition
- Used - Good+
- Quantity available
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- Laurel Leaf
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date published
- Lois, Lowry, giver, classic, Newberry, medal, novel, fiction, utopia, dystopia, award, winning, must read, famous, memory, Jonas, signed, autographed
- Bookseller catalogs
- General Fiction; Autographed;
Terms of Sale
Used Books & New Art LLC
About the Seller
About Used Books & New Art LLC
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]