Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
The Giver is a 1993 novel by Lois Lowry. It is set in a future society which is at first presented as a utopian society and gradually appears more and more dystopian; therefore, it could be considered anti-utopian. The novel follows a boy named Jonas through the twelfth year of his life. The society has eliminated pain and strife by converting to "Sameness", a plan which has also eradicated emotional depth from their lives.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
This was a classic long before it became a movie about the hidden problems of creating a utopian society.
- Last Exit Books (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- The Giver
- Lois Lowry
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good in Very Good dust jacket
- First Edition; First Printing
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- Houghton and Mifflin
- Place of Publication
- Date published
Terms of Sale
Last Exit Books
All sales considered final. All items described to the best of my ability. Returns considered if sent back within 10 days of reciept with an email explanation sent to me first or if the item fails to match description. Refunds processed upon the reciept of the book.
About the Seller
About Last Exit Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- Highly sought after by some collectors, a book plate is an inscribed or decorative device that identifies the owner, or former...[more]
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]