by Lowry, Lois
- Inked name, else fine in fine dust jacket with the faintest of wear.
Standard Delivery: 7 to 14 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
The Giver is a 1993 novel by Lois Lowry. It is set in a future society which is at first presented as a utopian society and gradually appears more and more dystopian; therefore, it could be considered anti-utopian. The novel follows a boy named Jonas through the twelfth year of his life. The society has eliminated pain and strife by converting to "Sameness", a plan which has also eradicated emotional depth from their lives.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
This was a classic long before it became a movie about the hidden problems of creating a utopian society.
- The Hermitage Bookshop, Member ABAA (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Embry 180129
- The Giver.
- Lowry, Lois
- Book condition
- Used - Inked name, else fine in fine dust jacket with the faintest of wear.
- First edition, first printing.
- Houghton Mifflin & Co., 1993. First edition, first printing.
- Date published
- Children's, newbery medal.
Terms of Sale
The Hermitage Bookshop, Member ABAA
All books returnable for any reason within ten days of receipt. Shipping on all heavy or oversize books will be quoted upon inquiry. We do not ship surface overseas.
About the Seller
About The Hermitage Bookshop, Member ABAA
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes: