The Giver (Newbery Medal Book)
by Lowry, Lois
- Collectible-Very Good/Very Good
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
Standard Delivery: 7 to 14 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
The Giver is a 1993 novel by Lois Lowry. It is set in a future society which is at first presented as a utopian society and gradually appears more and more dystopian; therefore, it could be considered anti-utopian. The novel follows a boy named Jonas through the twelfth year of his life. The society has eliminated pain and strife by converting to "Sameness", a plan which has also eradicated emotional depth from their lives.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
This was a classic long before it became a movie about the hidden problems of creating a utopian society.
- funyettabooks (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- The Giver (Newbery Medal Book)
- Lowry, Lois
- Book condition
- Used - Collectible-Very Good
- Jacket condition
- Very Good
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- Houghton Mifflin Company
- Place of Publication
- Boston, Massachusetts, U.S.A.
- Date published
- AWARD WINNER CHILDREN FICTION SCIENCE JUVENILE FANTASY
Terms of Sale
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects,...[more]
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- Minor wear resulting from a book being place on, and taken from a bookshelf, especially along the bottom edge.
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the...[more]