Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
London: Edward Arnold & Co., 1934. 277 pages; black and white portrait frontispiece illustration and other illustrations in the text; Forster had access to Goldsworthy's autobiographical notes of which he made some use in this memoir; dark blue publisher's cloth binding, gilt spine titles; some edge, tips wear to cloth; "First Published" stated on copyright page; good condition.. First Edition. Hard Cover. Good.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Certain Books, ABAA (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Goldsworthy Lowes Dickinson
- Forster, E.M
- Book condition
- Used - Good
- First Edition
- Edward Arnold & Co.
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- 1 Antiquarian Literature Literary History Goldsworthy Lowes Dickinson E.M. Forster
- Bookseller catalogs
Terms of Sale
Certain Books, ABAA
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2009
Westhampton, New York
Ask Seller a Question
About Certain Books, ABAA
Certain Books, ABAA is located in Westhampton, New York, sales via the internet. We are full-time dealers in antiquarian books, maps, photographs, prints, paper ephemera and works of art, specializing in historical manuscript collections, business archives, and with a sub-specialty in Long Island historical material. Institutional inquiries are always welcome and we are pleased to offer our appraisal services and collection-building expertise. There are thousands of items presently catalogued in the Certain Books website, many of which are one-of-a-kind. Please enjoy browsing our site or use the advanced search feature when looking for a specific item -- we always input keywords as we catalogue and important aspects of our books are noted, whether they are first editions, association copies or possess something of particular collecting interest. We actively exhibit at antiquarian book & ephemera shows in the American Northeast and we buy & sell on the Internet, as well as producing occasional catalogues and lists of our materials. We are members of the Antiquarian Booksellers Association of America and the International League of Antiquarian Booksellers, the Ephemera Society of America and the Bibliographical Society of America.Please let us know if we may be of help and we'll be happy to oblige- George Krzyminski, Proprietor of Certain Books, ABAA
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]