The Good Earth.
by Buck, Pearl S
- See description
Palm Beach, Florida, United States
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
The Good Earth is a Pulitzer Prize winning novel by Pearl S. Buck , an American writer who spent the bulk of the first part of her life in China. Set in the Anhui Province where Buck once lived, it chronicles the rise and fall of Wang Lung and his family, portraying a realistic portrait of life in a Chinese Village prior to World War I. While not initially well received by critics, the novel immediately became a bestseller and has since been recognized as one of the most important 20th century works of fiction. It was also notable for its role in preparing the American public to accept the Chinese as allies later during World War II. The novel was followed by two sequels, Sons and A House Divided to complete the House of Earth Trilogy. -
I really liked the book because it relates to me.
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
Terms of Sale
Raptis Rare Books
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed.
About the Seller
About Raptis Rare Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...
- Morocco is a style of leather book binding that is usually made with goatskin, as it is durable and easy to dye. (see also...
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing...
- Clamshell Box
- A protective box designed for storing and preserving a bound book or loose sheets. A clamshell box is hinged on one side, with...
- When a book is described as being inscribed, it indicates that a short note written by the author or a previous owner has been...
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...
- The page bound on the left side of a book, opposite to the recto page.