Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Chicago: A. C. McClurg, 1887. Hardcover. Good/No Jacket. Spaulding, Mary Cecilia. Chicago: A. C. McClurg, 1887. Olive green cloth covered boards with brighter green leaf design and black title on gilt rectangle that still has shine. Beveled boards are worn through the cloth at the top and bottom spine edges and the tips of the front corners. Front board is soiled especially around the edges. Rear board is very lightly soiled. Gilt page edges still have a lot of shine. Card stock weight pages show foxing throughout. Each page, including title page, has a sketch of flowers with a poem, and each page is covered by an attached tissue. Nine plates including the title page. Each sketch is in a different color.. Hard Cover. Good/No Jacket. Illus. by Spaulding, Mary Cecilia.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Black River Books (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Grandmother's Garden
- Rexford, Eben E
- Spaulding, Mary Cecilia
- Book condition
- Used - Good
- Jacket condition
- No Jacket
- Quantity available
- A. C. McClurg
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- Rare, Collectible, Poetry, Flower Sketches
- Bookseller catalogs
Terms of Sale
Black River Books
We accept payment by Visa, MasterCard,Discover,PayPal, check or money order. If you are not satisfied with your purchase for any reason, we will happily refund your money. Please let us know within ten days after receipt of your purchase.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2005
South Haven, Michigan
Ask Seller a Question
About Black River Books
Black River Books is a hobby that grew into a passion, then an internet business, and finally into a business with an actual store front. Having the store has caused us to minimize our online presence. We are located at 330 Kalamazoo St. Suite 2, in South Haven, MI 49090. Order online, should you find a treasure in our small collection, check out our website, or stop in and see our in-store collection of over 40,000 books in beautiful South Haven, on the Black River and the shores of Lake Michigan.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- Beveled edges, or beveled boards, describe a technique of binding in which the edges of book boards have been cut into slanted...[more]
- Generally refers to minor discoloration or staining.
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the...[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]