The Grapes of Wrath.
by STEINBECK, John
- Small ding to the top of the front board; slightly cocked; with a small ink signature to the upper left corner of the front past
Rochester, New York
Standard Delivery: 7 to 14 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
John Steinbeck's The Grapes of Wrath stands as a pivotal piece of American literature. The story follows the Joad family (and thousands of others) as they are driven from the Oklahoma farm where they are sharecroppers during the Great Depression. The drought, economic hardship, and changes in financial and agricultural industries send them searching for dignity and honest work in the bountiful state of California. The novel earned Steinbeck the Pulitzer Prize for fiction in 1940, and inspired the classic film of the same name the same year. The film starred Henry Fonda as Tom Joad, and Steinbeck's words and ideas shine through that medium. In 1962, Steinbeck was awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature for the body of his work, and The Grapes of Wrath stands as his most recognized and esteemed book. -
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Jeffrey H. Marks Rare Books (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- The Grapes of Wrath.
- STEINBECK, John
- Publisher's illustrated cloth in dust jacket.
- Book condition
- Used - Small ding to the top of the front board; slightly cocked; with a small ink signature to the upper left corner of the front past
- First edition.
- The Viking Press,
- Place of Publication
- New York:
- Date published
- 619 pp.
Terms of Sale
Jeffrey H. Marks Rare Books
About the Seller
About Jeffrey H. Marks Rare Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]