Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
London: Victor Gallancz, 1978. 1st Edition 4th Printing. Hardcover. Fine/Fine. FOURTH PRINTING of First UK Edition. SIGNED by Walter Bonatti on the title page. Nice, strong signature. The book is in fine clean condition with no previous owner marks or writing on any pages, solid binding, no foxing, tight binding. The original dust jacket in fine condition: clean, no chips or tears, no rubbing, complete with original price printed on flap corner. The book measures 221mm tall x 173mm, and has 189 pages, 37 b/w photos, index. Bonatti's autobiography -- with commentary on state and meaning of climbing -- from 1961 until his retirement from climbing. Includes Central Pillar of Freney tragedy, N. wall of Eiger, winter ascent Walker Spur Grandes Jorasses, 1st ascent Whymper Spur Grandes Jorasses, & the N. Face Matterhorn solo in winter. PHOTOS ARE OF ACTUAL ITEM BEING OFFERED.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- JP MOUNTAIN BOOKS (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- THE GREAT DAYS -- SIGNED by Walter Bonatti
- Bonatti, Walter
- Book condition
- Used - Fine
- Jacket condition
- Quantity available
- 1st Edition 4th Printing
- Victor Gallancz
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- Mountaineering, Mountain Climbing, Bergsteigen, Alpinismus, Alpinism, Alpinismo, Alpinisme, Arrampicata, Alps, Mont Blanc, K2, Karakoram
- Bookseller catalogs
- SIGNED Mountain; Mountains Karakoram Himalaya; Mountains Alps;
Terms of Sale
JP MOUNTAIN BOOKS
All items are guaranteed as described. Any purchase may be returned for a full refund within 10 working days as long as it is returned in the same condition and is packed and shipped correctly. Prior notification is appreciated. All items subject to prior sale.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2018
Ask Seller a Question
About JP MOUNTAIN BOOKS
JP Mountain Books sells mountaineering books, exploration and discovery books, some polar books, books about mountains, some true adventure books, high altitude cook books.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the...[more]
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]