Greater Poems of the Bible
by Macdonald, Wilson
- Like New/Near Fine
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Buffalo, New Yo: The Broadway Press, 1943 A lovely book like new condition. Limited edition copy No. 223 of 1000. Macdonald's inscription under the edition ( and his address) dated 1945. On the front free end paper is a gift inscription written in Macdonald's handwriting but to a lady from Albert E.S.Smythe. Both Macdonald and Smythe were poets in Ontario at the time and Smythe has described Macdonald as a 'shy but friendly soul'. Smythe was the founder of the Toronto Theosophical Scoiety and its first president. Smythe's control of his hands by this time( he died 2 years later) was very bad so Macdonald wrote the dedication for him. The book is unmarked elsewise, clean and tight. Blue cloth covered boards with gilt title on front and spine. The DJ is clean and bright with onlty a 1cm closed tear at spine base otherwise has no shelfwear. A laid in poem be Macdonald called Roses. A lovely edition with a bit of history!
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
- Westside Stories (CA)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- Greater Poems of the Bible
- Macdonald, Wilson
- Book condition
- new Like New
- Jacket condition
- Near Fine
- Quantity available
- First Edition Limited
- The Broadway Press
- Place of Publication
- Buffalo, New Yo
- Date Published
- Wilson MacDonald Alfred E S Smythe Bible Poetry Theosophy Limited
- 8vo - over 7¾" - 9¾" tall
Terms of Sale
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged. Extra shipping required on heavier books.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2015
Ask Seller a Question
About Westside Stories
Used, hard to find, and out of print books. Large fiction and non-fiction sections, Over 25000 books in store.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched... [More]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in... [More]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- Minor wear resulting from a book being place on, and taken from a bookshelf, especially along the bottom edge.
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects,... [More]