Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
London: Jonathan Cape, 1962. First edition of the first major collection by the 1992 Nobel laureate, preceded by three volumes of verse and several plays only published in the West Indies. 80pp. Green paper marbled boards over white cloth backstrip, spine lettered in gilt. A beautiful copy, fine in a fine jacket with a couple of minor age spots on the endpapers, this copy also has the extremely rare dark green wraparound band with the Robert Graves quote ("Derek Walcott handles English with a closer understanding of its inner magic than most (if not any) of his English-born contemporaries."). This copy is signed on the front free endpaper by Walcott and dated April 99.
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
Terms of Sale
Triolet Rare Books, ABAA
Please see Biblio's 30-day return guarantee at: https://www.biblio.com/pages/order_guarantee.html
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2020
Los Angeles, California
Ask Seller a Question
About Triolet Rare Books, ABAA
Triolet Rare Books, member ABAA/ILAB, specializes in twentieth century art and literature with a focus on modernism, livres d'artistes, poetry, and the avant-garde.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the... [More]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched... [More]
- Marbled boards
- ... [More]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in... [More]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in... [More]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [More]