Grove's Dictionary of Music and Musicians in Five Volumes: Plus American Supplement, Vol. 6
by GROVE, Sir George; MAITLAND, J. A. Fuller (editor)
- See description
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Philadelphia: Theodore Presser Company. 1922. Hardcover. A revised edition of the famous, hefty guide to classical music and musicians, first published in serial form beginning in 1878. This five-volume set comes with a sixth volume, an American Supplement to the series. The set is edited by J. A. Fuller Maitland, and includes many full-page illustrations of noted musicians, as well as musical notations for various works. --- All volumes in full red cloth-covered boards, with gilt-stamped spine titling and image of lyre in blind to each cover. --- The volumes are generally in Good condition, except for vol. 5 (T-Z), which has a split binding at mid-book which has been repaired with cloth tape, making it Fair only. The remaining volumes are sound, though some with small tears to cloth or partial splits at hinges. Vol. 5 with damage, set priced accordingly. (Due to the considerable weight of this item, extra shipping charges may be requested for orders outside the US.) ; Tall Octavo (9 to 10 in. tall) .
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
- Bluebird Books (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- Grove's Dictionary of Music and Musicians in Five Volumes: Plus American Supplement, Vol. 6
- GROVE, Sir George; MAITLAND, J. A. Fuller (editor)
- Book condition
- Theodore Presser Company
- Place of Publication
- Date Published
- Bookseller catalogs
- >>Biography, Autobiography, Memoir;
Terms of Sale
All sales sold on a satisfaction guaranteed basis--all we ask is that you notify us within 30 days of purchase that you would like to return an item.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2005
Ask Seller a Question
About Bluebird Books
Bluebird Books is the bookselling business of Eric Mayer, operating from my base in Littleton, Colorado. I specialize in classic fiction and literature, books on birds and natural history, railroadiana, biography, history and many other genres. Bluebird Books features publications by the Modern Library and Everyman's Library. I offer free shipping on books shipped within the US via USPS Media Mail. INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: I recommend that you use Biblio.com for your international orders because they have formed a partnership with Asendia to allow for much more affordable shipping on parcels weighing under 5 lb. (about 2.26 kg).
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing... [More]
- is a worn book that has complete text pages (including those with maps or plates) but may lack endpapers, half-title, etc.... [More]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched... [More]