Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Leipsic: Karl Baedeker, 1895. Good +/No Jacket. Leipsic: Karl Baedeker, 1895. Translated from the German by James F. and Findlay Muirhead. Volume 1, "The sculptures at the Vatican. The Capitoline Museum. The Lateran Museum. Volume 2, "The villas, the Museo Boncompagni, the Palazzo Spada, the antiquities of the Vatican Library, the Museo Delle Terme" by Woldgang Helbig, and "The Etruscan Museum in the Vatican, The Museo Kircheriano, and the Prehistoric Museum at the Collegio Romano" by Emil Reisch. Vol. 1 is 1885, Vol. 2 is 1886. CONDITION: Brick red cloth covered boards with black border and lettering have edgewear, through the edge of the cloth at top spine edges, and some edge splitting in the cloth at bottom spine edges. Cloth is worn through at front corner tips. Decorative paste downs and free end papers. Both free end papers are missing in Vol. 1. Front free end paper of Vol. 2 is detached, but laid in. Paper is cracked betweel rear end paper and paste down of Vol. 2. Half-title page has a white rectangular adhesive sticker at the top, presumably to cover previous owner's name. Volume 1 has some watermarking along the bottom edge and the lower front corner, but books do not have a musty odor. Bindings are intact and without cracks. Volume 2 has a few pencil notations at top of detached end paper and a name in pencil on half-title Interiors are otherwise unmarked and clean throughout.. Good +/No Jacket.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Black River Books (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Guide to the Public Collections of Classical Antiquities in Rome - 2 Volumes
- Helbig, Wolfgang
- Book condition
- Used - Good +
- Jacket condition
- No Jacket
- Quantity available
- Karl Baedeker
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- Bookseller catalogs
Terms of Sale
Black River Books
We accept payment by Visa, MasterCard,Discover,PayPal, check or money order. If you are not satisfied with your purchase for any reason, we will happily refund your money. Please let us know within ten days after receipt of your purchase.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2005
South Haven, Michigan
Ask Seller a Question
About Black River Books
Black River Books is a hobby that grew into a passion, then an internet business, and finally into a business with an actual store front. Having the store has caused us to minimize our online presence. We are located at 330 Kalamazoo St. Suite 2, in South Haven, MI 49090. Order online, should you find a treasure in our small collection, check out our website, or stop in and see our in-store collection of over 40,000 books in beautiful South Haven, on the Black River and the shores of Lake Michigan.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- In reference to a hinge or a book's binding, means that the glue which holds the opposing leaves has allowed them to separate,...[more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]