Habit of Empire
by Horgan, Paul
- Very Good in Good dust jacket
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Santa Fe, New Mexico: Rydal Press. Very Good in Good dust jacket. 1939. First Edition. Hardcover. Hard-to-find dust jacket has light soil and tears with yellowed tape reinforcing the spine head and tail. Some toning, not price clipped. Gray boards have a few soil spots and light sunning on spine and edges. Soil on top edge. Some small glue marks and a small tear on rear endpapers. First free endpaper is signed by the author. Landscape illustrations by Peter Hurd. A romantic history of Spanish governor Juan de Onate and the Battle of Acoma in the last years of the 16th century. ; B&W Illustrations; 8vo - over 7¾ - 9¾" tall; 114 pp; Signed by Author .
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
- Back of Beyond Books, ABAA (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- Habit of Empire
- Horgan, Paul
- Peter Hurd
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good in Good dust jacket
- First Edition
- Rydal Press
- Place of Publication
- Santa Fe, New Mexico
- Date Published
- Juan De Onate, Battle Of Acoma
Terms of Sale
Back of Beyond Books, ABAA
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2009
Ask Seller a Question
About Back of Beyond Books, ABAA
Back of Beyond Books in Moab, UT specializes in books on the American Southwest, both new and antiquarian.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [More]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in... [More]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- price clipped
- When a book is described as price-clipped, it indicates that the portion of the dust jacket flap that has the publisher's... [More]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a... [More]
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects,... [More]
- The heel of the spine.