A HANDBOOK TO THE MINERALOGY OF CORNWALL AND DEVON.
by COLLINS [F.G.S.], J. H:
Standard Delivery: 4 to 7 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Through the centuries Cornwall and Devon have yielded untold treasures to the mineralogist.Indeed it is doubtful whether any other area of comparable size in the Old World has afforded them in such number and variety.In 1871,this book was the first book to be devoted to the subject. Despite the passage of years,Collins' Handbook is still not out-moded and is regarded as the 'vade mecum' of amateur mineralogists and prospectors in the South-West.
Please contact email@example.com ,for correct, insured shipping/P+p quotes - particularly ALL overseas buyers - BEFORE ordering through the order page!
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- R. J. A. PAXTON-DENNY. (GB)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- A HANDBOOK TO THE MINERALOGY OF CORNWALL AND DEVON.
- COLLINS [F.G.S.], J. H:
- Book condition
- Used - VG+.
- Jacket condition
- Quantity available
- UK,8vo HB+dw/dj,2nd edn reprint.
- UK.TRURO,CORNWALL.D. BRADFORD BARTON LIMITED,1969.
- q52.GENERAL.UK,8vo HB+dw/dj,2nd edn reprint.No ISBN.Cornwall_Devon_minerals_'vade mecum'_amateur mineralists_prospectors.Books new,used,signed,rare.
- Bookseller catalogs
Terms of Sale
R. J. A. PAXTON-DENNY.
NO books will be sent 'ON APPROVAL' unless paid for in full and invoiced accordingly and with appropiate Registered/Recorded/Insurance,where applicable.If returned/declined monies refundable (P+p and any processing fees excluded). Other returns/refunds, only if book(s) are misdescribed,and then a) matches the invoice sent with it, b) returned in original packaging and state/condition sent out in,and received by buyer, c) and returned at the seller's original and actual shipping/P+p cost used when despatched to buyer - any excess cost borne at returnee's own expense. Notification of intent of return, required within 2 days of receipt of book please. 30 day return guarantee, for refund, (excluding P+p costs and any processing fees), for up to 30 days after delivery, only if an item arrives either misdescribed or damaged.Other returns accepted at seller's discretion. Orders processed same day,subject to time of receipt of order and payment, by end of P.O's business day, where applicable, and despatched the same day (weekends excluded). Shipping/P+p costs are based on books weighing 2.2Lb,or 1KG and UNINSURED, unless quoted otherwise. If your book order (P+p cost included/excluded) is in excess of 20.00 GBP,heavy or oversized, as per instruction, we'll contact you to let you know if extra shipping/insurance is required.Prices are nett, worldwide shipping/handling and registration/ insurance fees are extra.Books/orders in excess of 20.00 GBP will only be sent with appropriate insurance fees. So,for actual insured/registered shipping costs, prior contact with the seller, BEFORE ordering, is required at: firstname.lastname@example.org. All orders are wrapped in sellophane, then either bubble-wrapped or corrugated-card and then boxed.[US+CANADA only.] Items/orders over 20.00 GBP are automatically sent registered/insured either via PARCEL FORCE [insured].Or, International SIGNED For [insured] AIRMAIL,minimum of 6.50 GBP,in addition to P+p and subject to book('s) weight.Books WILL NOT be sent without appropiate Registered/Recorded/Insurance,where applicable.We use the Royal Mail for inland (UK)and most overseas deliveries.For most other International destinations,for orders/books in excess of 20.00 GBP,we use Royal Mail International Registered/SIGNED For minimum of 6.50 GBP (100gm),in addition to postage and subject to book('s) weight.UK addresses, orders/ books in excess of 20.00 GBP, sent Next Day Guaranteed Delivery [Minimum Insured up to 250 GBP automatically - at no fee,extra insurance can be bought upto 1,000 GBP and Maximum 2,500 GBP - enquire for costs.], minimum of 5.90 GBP per order, again subject to weight.
About the Seller
About R. J. A. PAXTON-DENNY.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- An exact copy of an original work. In books, it refers to a copy or reproduction, as accurate as possible, of an original...[more]
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the...[more]
- 1st thus
- Indicates that this is not the first appearance of a book in print, but that this is the first appearance in a substantially...[more]
- Any printing of a book which follows the original edition. By definition, a reprint is not a first edition.
- A book in slightly better than Very Good Condition with a Very Good Condition dust jacket. Very Good Condition indicates a used...[more]
- Full page illustration or photograph. Plates are printed separately from the text of the book, and bound in at production. I.e.,...[more]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- The portion of a book cover or cover jacket that folds into the book from front to back. The flap can contain biographical...[more]
- The page on the right side of a book, with the term Verso used to describe the page on the left side.
- Book(s) which are sold at a very deep discount to alleviate publisher overstock. Often, though not always, they have a remainder...[more]
- Common term for the covers of a hardbound book. The term 'boards' refers to the thick cardboard under the paper or cloth...[more]