Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Watford: Merrow Publishing, 1960 Second edition, covering both natural and synthetic fibres. Brown marks from sellotape residue to eps and to jacket flaps, otherwise VG in slightly creased, VG DJ.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Byre Books (GB)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Handbook of Textile Fibres
- Cook, J Gordon
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good
- Jacket condition
- Very Good
- Quantity available
- Merrow Publishing
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- CRAFT, FABRIC, THREAD, CLOTH, FLAX, JUTE, HEMP, SUNN, KENAF URENA, RAMIE, NETTLE, SISAL, HENEQUEN, ABACA, COTTON, WOOL, MOHAIR, CASHMERE, LLAMA, ALPACA, HUARIZO, VICUNA, GUANACO, SILK
Terms of Sale
Our terms of sale are as follows: Postage and packaging : is charged at cost. Refunds : will be given if book is not as described, but contact us first via email or telephone. Book Conditions: In common with other booktraders we use the following abbreviations to describe books: Fine: as new. VG: one or two signs of having been read, but no serious blemishes, generally very good condition. Good: o.k., but not very good, signs of ageing or fading or other damage (usually described). Fair: showing definite signs of wear and tear. Reading copy: It's all there and it's legible, but that's about all we guarantee. DJ : dust jacket (if it's not mentioned there isn't one) Catalogue descriptions are necessarily very brief. Please do contact us should you want further details of any book before purchase, or for advice on our stock. Only a small percentage of our stock is catalogued, so ask if you can't find the title you want - we may have it, or be able to find it for you!
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2006
Ask Seller a Question
About Byre Books
We are based in Wigtown, the Scottish Booktown. Our shop is a converted stables, fully wheelchair accessible, and has a small peaceful garden where you are welcome to sit and relax with your books. We specialise in second-hand books on Archaeology, World Mythology and Folklore, Scottish books, Theatre, Film and TV. We also have General stock - poetry, philosophy, biography, travel, education etc - and a Children's section.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- The portion of a book cover or cover jacket that folds into the book from front to back. The flap can contain biographical...[more]
- Very Good condition can describe a used book that does show some small signs of wear - but no tears - on either binding or...[more]