The Handmaid’s Tale and The Testaments.
by Atwood, Margaret
- See description
Palm Beach, Florida
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Toronto: McClelland and Stewart, 1985-2019. First Canadian edition and true first of Atwood's modern masterpiece and it's Booker Prize Award-winning sequel, The Testaments. Octavo, two original half cloth. The Handmaid's Tale is a presentation copy, inscribed by the author on the half-title page, "For Anne- best wishes- Margaret Atwood." Near fine in a near fine dust jacket. Jacket design by Tad Aronowicz. Jacket illustration by Gail Geltner. Author photograph by Graeme Gibson. The Testaments is signed by Margaret Atwood. Fine in a fine dust jacket. Jacket illustration by Noma Bar and Dutch Uncle. Embroidery to the endpapers by Kelly Hill. A desirable set. The Handmaid's Tale is in the honorable tradition of Brave New World and other warnings of dystopia. It's imaginative even audacious, and conveys a chilling sense of fear and menace" (The Globe and Mail). "The Handmaid's Tale brings out the very best in Atwood--moral vision, biting humor and a poet's imagination" (Chatelaine). This Booker Prize-nominated novel won the prestigious Canadian Governor General's Award in 1985 and the inaugural Arthur C. Clarke Award in 1987. Anatomy of Wonder II-57. It is the basis for the dystopian drama web television series created by Bruce Miller. It has received critical acclaim and its first season won eight Primetime Emmy Awards from thirteen nominations, including Outstanding Drama Series. It is the first show produced by Hulu to win a major award as well as the first series on a streaming service to win an Emmy for Outstanding Series. It also won the Golden Globe Award for Best Television Series - Drama. Elisabeth Moss was also awarded the Golden Globe for Best Actress. Published in 2019, the sequel to The Handmaid's Tale, The Testaments, received The Booker Prize Award.
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
- Raptis Rare Books (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- The Handmaid’s Tale and The Testaments.
- Atwood, Margaret
- Book condition
- McClelland and Stewart
- Place of Publication
- Date Published
- Margaret Atwood First Edition Signed, The Handmaid's Tale First Edition, The Testaments First Edition
Terms of Sale
Raptis Rare Books
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2012
Palm Beach, Florida
Ask Seller a Question
About Raptis Rare Books
Founded by Matthew and Adrienne Raptis, Raptis Rare Books is an antiquarian book firm that specializes in literature, children's books, economics, photo books, signed and inscribed books, and landmark books in all fields. Our business model is simple: we strive to handle books that are in exceptional condition and to provide exceptional customer service. We are proud members of the Antiquarian Booksellers Association of America (ABAA) and the International League of Antiquarian Booksellers (ILAB) and exhibit at major book fairs in New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Boston, as well as other regional fairs.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [More]
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing... [More]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the... [More]
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects,... [More]
- When a book is described as being inscribed, it indicates that a short note written by the author or a previous owner has... [More]