Harper’s Weekly: Journal of Civilization
- near fine
- Near Fine
COLUMBIA, Missouri, United States
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
1868 1ed Harper's Weekly Vanderbilt CUBA Slave Torture Shipwrecks BASEBALL Folio Harper's Weekly was an early American magazine published by Harper. Beginning in 1857, it was a primary source of news, fiction stories, humor, satire, and a number of other topics. This 1868 first edition of 'Harper's Weekly' includes all of the issues of the magazine from January to June in an enormous folio book. This edition features the illustrations of the most prestigious illustrators of the time. The enormous tome's fascinating contents include: • Clerkenwell Prison explosion, London • Wreck of British ship, Galatea in Indian Ocean • Reports and illustrations of the Great Fire in Chicago in 1868, January • Cornelius Vanderbilt and the Central Railroad • Torture of slaves in Cuba • Moro Castle in Havana, Cuba • Amendments to the US Constitution • Early reports on American baseball! • Death of beloved Italian opera composer, Rossini An incredibly impressive tome with utterly fascinating contents and impressive illustrations! Item number: #21202 Price: $1500 HARPER Harper's Weekly: Journal of Civilization New York: Harper, 1868. First edition. Details: • Collation: Complete with all pages : complete year with all issues o 832 • Language: English • Binding: Leather; tight and secure • Size: ~16.25in X 11.75in (41cm x 30cm) Our Guarantee: Very Fast. Very Safe. Free Shipping Worldwide. Customer satisfaction is our priority! Notify us with 7 days of receiving, and we will offer a full refund without reservation! 21202 Photos available upon request.
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Schilb Antiquarian Rare Books (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- Harper’s Weekly: Journal of Civilization
- Leather; tight and secure
- Book Condition
- Used - Near Fine
- Quantity Available
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date Published
- 1868 1ed Harper’s Weekly Vanderbilt CUBA Slave Torture Shipwrecks BASEBALL Folio, rare, antique, old, first edition, 1st state, provenance, signed, inscribed, dust jacket, vellum, manuscript, engravings, illustrations, leather, plates, maps, antiquaria
Terms of Sale
Schilb Antiquarian Rare Books
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
Biblio member since 2018
Ask Seller a Question
About Schilb Antiquarian Rare Books
We live & breathe rare books! This year we are celebrating over a decade of business with over 10,000 positive transactions all over the globe! We remain at your service and look forward to earning your business.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...
- A folio usually indicates a large book size of 15" in height or larger when used in the context of a book description. Further,...
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.