The Haunted Monastery and the Chinese Maze Murders : A Judge Dee Mystery
by Van Gulik, Robert H
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Two Judge Dee novels in one volume.
The Haunted Monastery: Judge Dee and his wives seek refuge from a violent mountain storm and are plunged into a bizarre series of interrelated crimes. Three women have been murdered in the monastery; Dee has seen something impossible, perhaps supernatural, and inexplicable events flash forth. . . Abbot Jade Mirror is dead, and the present Abbot lives in vivid fear of someone, or perhaps. . . something." The Chinese Maze Murders: "A mysterious garden maze, enormous, overgrown, almost impenetrable, with secret places; a hidden message in a scroll painting; a ruthless robber lord who has decreed Dees death; a hidden murderer with a penchant for torturing and killing women are among the problems which Dee encounters and solves."; 7¾" - 9¾" Tall .
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Orielis' Books (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- The Haunted Monastery and the Chinese Maze Murders : A Judge Dee Mystery
- Van Gulik, Robert H
- Van Gulik, Robert H.
- Trade Paperback
- Book condition
- Used - Good+
- First Thus
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- Dover Publications, Incorporated
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date published
- 0486235025, Mystery Fiction, Police Procedural, Court Procedural, Seventh Century China, Judge Dee (fictitious Character), Abbot Jade Mirror (fictitious Character), Tao, Monastery Of The Morning Cloud (imaginary Place), Garden Maze
- Bookseller catalogs
Terms of Sale
All books are subject to prior sale. We accept payment with credit cards, personal or business checks, money orders, and PayPal. We can accept credit card purchases directly or via Biblio.com's shopping cart or through PayPal. You may return a book for exchange or refund within one month of the time you receive it. Please e-mail us beforehand with the problem and we will try to resolve it to your satisfaction. For books that are not "As Described", we will pay media mail return postage.
About the Seller
About Orielis' Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A term used to denote a condition a slight grade better than Good.
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- trade paperback
- Used to indicate any paperback book that is larger than a mass-market paperback and is often more similar in size to a hardcover...[more]