The Haunting of Hill House [First Edition]
by Shirley Jackson
Goring-by-Sea, West Sussex
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson is widely considered one of the best literary ghost stories published during the twentieth century. The novel has been adapted to film twice — in 1963 and again in 1999 — both times under the title The Haunting . The Gothic tale tells the story of socially repressed Eleanor Vance and three others who head to Hill House to partake in an experiment involving paranormal activities.
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- World of Rare Books (GB)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- The Haunting of Hill House [First Edition]
- Shirley Jackson
- Book condition
- Used - Acceptable/Acceptable
- The Viking Press
- Date Published
Terms of Sale
World of Rare Books
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
About World of Rare Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a... [More]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in... [More]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched... [More]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [More]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]