From The Heart Of The Country
by Coetzee, J. M
- very good
- Very Good/very good
Standard Delivery: 7 to 14 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
In the Heart of the Country (1977) is an English language novel by J. M. Coetzee which delves in the complex relationships that form between the colonizer and the colonized. It takes place on a desolate farm in South Africa told through the perspective of an intelligent yet meek European woman. She clashes with her father when he takes an African mistress, causing a rift that leads towards vengeance, violence and a muddling of her own relationship with the Africans. In the U.S.A.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Joseph S. Serrano, Bookseller (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- From The Heart Of The Country
- Coetzee, J. M
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good
- Jacket condition
- very good
- Quantity available
- First American Edition, First Printing
- Harper & Row
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date published
- Bookseller catalogs
Terms of Sale
Joseph S. Serrano, Bookseller
(If photos of a book I have for sale are not included in the listing, I will be happy to provide one for you.) Fine is our highest grade; all book dust jackets are in archival covers. All our books that are described as First Editions are also First Printings, unless indicated otherwise. All books are guaranteed to be as described. We issue a full refund, including shipping costs, for returns due to an unstated defect or other mistake on our part. Please ask any questions before placing your order. All books are subject to prior sale. Books are shipped within 48 hours of payment confirmation.
About the Seller
About Joseph S. Serrano, Bookseller
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- text block
- Most simply the inside pages of a book. More precisely, the block of paper formed by the cut and stacked pages of a...[more]
- price clipped
- When a book is described as price-clipped, it indicates that the portion of the dust jacket flap that has the publisher's...[more]