Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
In the Heart of the Country (1977) is an English language novel by J. M. Coetzee which delves in the complex relationships that form between the colonizer and the colonized. It takes place on a desolate farm in South Africa told through the perspective of an intelligent yet meek European woman. She clashes with her father when he takes an African mistress, causing a rift that leads towards vengeance, violence and a muddling of her own relationship with the Africans. In the U.S.A.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Beasley Books (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- From the Heart of the Country
- Coetzee, J.M
- Book condition
- First US Edition; First Printing
- Harper & Row
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date published
- Modern First Editions
Terms of Sale
About the Seller
About Beasley Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- A term used to denote a condition a slight grade better than Good.