Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
In the Heart of the Country (1977) is an English language novel by J. M. Coetzee which delves in the complex relationships that form between the colonizer and the colonized. It takes place on a desolate farm in South Africa told through the perspective of an intelligent yet meek European woman. She clashes with her father when he takes an African mistress, causing a rift that leads towards vengeance, violence and a muddling of her own relationship with the Africans. In the U.S.A.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Lorne Bair Rare Books (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- From the Heart of the Country
- COETZEE, J.M
- Book condition
- Quantity available
- First American Edition
- Harper & Row
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date published
- Bookseller catalogs
- Modern Fiction;
Terms of Sale
Lorne Bair Rare Books
All items are offered subject to prior sale. Orders must be prepaid, though billing may be arranged for institutions and customers with established credit. Payment may be made by Check, Money Order, Paypal or by valid credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover). Any item may be returned within 10 days for full refund. Signed and manuscript items carry an unlimited guarantee of authenticity.
About the Seller
About Lorne Bair Rare Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]