In the Heart of the Heart of the Country.
by GASS, William H
- as new
- As New/Fine
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
New York: Harper & Row, 1968. Signed on the title page by William H. Gass, who has added a passage from the title story, page 186: "A dissonance of parts and people, we are a consonance of towns. First edition / First printing. (A-S on the line below the First edition slug). Gold cloth. Very fine in fine dust jacket.
William H. Gass is an American novelist, short-story writer, essayist, critic, and emeritus professor of philosophy. His first novel, Omensetter’s Luck , was published in 1966 and since then he has published several more works of fiction, including The Tunnel and Middle C . He has also published collections of essays, including On Being Blue (available from NYRB Classics), Fiction and the Figures of Life , and Life Sentences , and has received many awards and honors.
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Orpheus Books (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- In the Heart of the Heart of the Country.
- GASS, William H
- Gold cloth.
- Book condition
- New As New
- Jacket condition
- First edition / First printing. (A-S on the line below the First
- Harper & Row,
- Place of Publication
- New York:
- Date Published
- Bookseller catalogs
Terms of Sale
Check, Money Order, or Cashiers Check with order unless credit has been established. Credit cards are accepted through PayPal and the Biblio site. Books may be reserved by telephone (425-351-6959) or Email (email@example.com) and will be held for 1 week pending payment in full. Note: When we state First Edition we are speaking of a First Printing. We strongly recommend that you call or Email to reserve books prior to sending payment via mail. Please telephone between the hours of 9 a.m. and 9 p.m. Pacific Time. Make Checks Payable To: Orpheus Books. Washington state residents must include 9.5% sales tax. International orders must be paid in U.S. currency and will be shipped at different rates. We ship via the U.S. postal service, FedEx and UPS unless other arrangements are made. If you select surface mail, it will be shipped via media rate. Oversize and heavy shipments will accrue additional charges. Returns may be made within 7 days of receipt and must be insured at full value and received in the same condition as when sent. Prior notice of return is appreciated.
About the Seller
About Orpheus Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in... [More]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched... [More]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [More]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the... [More]
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the... [More]