Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
The Man in the High Castle (1962), by Philip K. Dick, is a science fiction novel of the alternative history sub-genre. The novel won a Hugo Award. The story of The Man in the High Castle, about daily life for the victors and the vanquished under totalitarian Fascist imperialism, occurs in 1962, fourteen years after the end of a longer Second World War (1939–1948).
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
Alternate history doesn't get any better than in this Philip K. Dick novel. Set in the then-contemporary world of 1962, it chronicles the lives of its characters in an America that had lost World War II and was divided into Japanese and German zones of occupation. Dick uses this setting to explore many of his standard themes about the nature of reality, but this is done within the framework of an enjoyable story that is never less than entertaining.
- Raptis Rare Books (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- The Man in the High Castle.
- Dick, Philip K
- Book condition
- G.P. Putnam's Sons
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date published
- Man in the High Castle Signed First Edition, The Man in the High Castle First Edition
- Bookseller catalogs
Terms of Sale
Raptis Rare Books
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed.
About the Seller
About Raptis Rare Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Minor wear resulting from a book being place on, and taken from a bookshelf, especially along the bottom edge.
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- clamshell box
- A protective box designed for storing and preserving a bound book or loose sheets. A clamshell box is hinged on one side, with...[more]
- Good describes the average used and worn book that has all pages or leaves present. Any defects must be noted. (as defined...[more]
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing...[more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- Morocco is a style of leather book binding that is usually made with goatskin, as it is durable and easy to dye. (see also...[more]