HISTOIRE DES CROISADES (4 VOL SET - COMPLETE)
by M. Michaud
- Very Good +
Blue Hill, Maine
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Paris: Furne et Cie, 1849. Hardcover. Very Good +. Vol 1 – vii, 528 pgs. Vol 2 – 502 pgs. Vol 3 – 510 pgs. Vol 4 – 494 pgs. Text in French.6 x 9 in. Half chocolate-brown morocco with red marbled shiny paper boards. 4 raised bars on spine with gilt lettering and designs. Brown marble endpapers. Marbled edges to text block. Brown silk bookmark. Tissue-protected frontis illustration. Vol 4 has fold-out map at end. Condition of books is VERY GOOD+ ; leather and gilt on spines very clean and bright, some very slight wear, very faint cracking. Some wear to paper boards. Tops of text block darkened with age. Foxing sporadic throughout text. Large David B. Ogden bookplate on front paste down. Wear to and very small tears to corners. Very tight Vol 1 – slight damage to raised bars on spine, wear to front board.Vol 3 – tiny damage to one raised band of spine.
Review this book and youâ€™ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Andre Strong Bookseller (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- HISTOIRE DES CROISADES (4 VOL SET - COMPLETE)
- M. Michaud
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good +
- Furne et Cie
- Place of Publication
- Date Published
- Bookseller catalogs
- European History;
Terms of Sale
Andre Strong Bookseller
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2008
Blue Hill, Maine
Ask Seller a Question
About Andre Strong Bookseller
Andre Strong Bookseller is located in Blue Hill, on the coast of Maine. We offer 22,000 books for sale online, and work from an office and rare book room, with a warehouse adjacent. We carry a wide selection of fine books on every subject, with specialization in art, architecture, photography, nautical, Maine and fiction. We do not have an open shop - if you'd like to visit, please arrange an appointment.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- text block
- Most simply the inside pages of a book. More precisely, the block of paper formed by the cut and stacked pages of a book.... [More]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in... [More]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- A term used to denote a condition a slight grade better than Good.
- Morocco is a style of leather book binding that is usually made with goatskin, as it is durable and easy to dye. (see also... [More]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a... [More]
- Highly sought after by some collectors, a book plate is an inscribed or decorative device that identifies the owner, or former... [More]
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.