An Historical and Geographical Account of the Province and Country of Pensilvania; and of West-New-Jersey in America. With a Map of Both Countries
by Thomas, Gabriel
- near fine
- Near Fine
Madison, New Jersey
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
N.Y.: Lithographed for Henry Austin Brady, Esquire By Francis Michelin, 1848. , 55, , 34p., folded map. A near fine copy, with the former owner's bookplate on the front paste-down endpaper and the spine is a little cocked.. Reprint of 1698 Edition. Softcover. Near Fine. 8vo - over 7¾" - 9¾" tall.
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
- The Chatham Bookseller, LLC (US)
- Seller’s Inventory #
- An Historical and Geographical Account of the Province and Country of Pensilvania; and of West-New-Jersey in America. With a Map of Both Countries
- Thomas, Gabriel
- Book condition
- Used - Near Fine
- Reprint of 1698 Edition
- Lithographed for Henry Austin Brady, Esquire By Francis Michelin
- Place of Publication
- Date Published
- PENNSYLVANIA--DESCRIPTION AND TRAVEL. PENNSYLVANIA--HISTORY--COLONIAL PERIO D, CA, 1600-1775. NEW JERSEY--DESCRIPTION JERSEY--HISTORY-- COLONIAL PERIOD, CA.
- Bookseller catalogs
- New Jersey--History;
- 8vo - over 7¾" - 9¾" tall
Terms of Sale
The Chatham Bookseller, LLC
All sales are net. Prepayment is required. Postage in USA: items will be sent Media Mail Rate ($4) unless Priority Mail is requested ($6-$8). Postage for unusually heavy or valuable books may be more. Please contact us for international rates. Books may be returned within 10 days of receipt. Credit cards accepted: VISA, MC, AMEX, Discover.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2005
Madison, New Jersey
Ask Seller a Question
About The Chatham Bookseller, LLC
The Chatham Bookseller (member ABAA, ABNJ) began in 1968, and, in 1970, opened a store at its present location in Madison, NJ. The store contains over 10,000 books in over 80 different subjects, and favors good used books and good literature (both hardcover and paperback) over popular books and bestsellers. Our Internet business began in 2001. Our Internet stock is kept on the premises but cannot be viewed as a whole. However, we can show and sell individual titles upon request. Those wishing to examine Internet books should call ahead. Store hours are 9-5:00 (Tues.-Sat.) and 12-5 (Sun.). The business is run by Jesse D. Mann.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the... [More]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- Any printing of a book which follows the original edition. By definition, a reprint is not a first edition.
- The paste-down is the portion of the endpaper that is glued to the inner boards of a hardback book. The paste-down forms an... [More]
- Highly sought after by some collectors, a book plate is an inscribed or decorative device that identifies the owner, or former... [More]
- Refers to a state where the spine of a book is lightly "twisted" in such a way that the front and rear boards of a book do not... [More]