The Histories of Gargantua & Pantagruel
by RABELAIS, François
- Near Fine with no dust jacket
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Franklin Center, Pennsylvania U. S. A.: The Franklin Library. Near Fine with no dust jacket. 1982. Hardcover. This 16th Century work is presented in the form of five interconnected novels; all in one volume. Gargantua and his son Pantagruel are giants whose adventures are described in sometimes bawdy, always fun-loving manner. Translated from the French by John M. Cohen. Offered in a deluxe reprint edition, illustrated by Frank C. Papé. --- In full burgundy faux leather with gilt decorations on covers & spine, raised spine bands and titling gilt-stamped on spine. All edges gilt, and with patterned paper endpapers. Lacks a dust jacket (as issued). --- With a bruise to the gilding on lower textblock edge and a trace of cover rubbing; else a bright, firm, clean copy lacking additional damages.; tall 8vo 9" - 10" tall; 715 pages .
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
- Bluebird Books (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- The Histories of Gargantua & Pantagruel
- RABELAIS, François
- Book condition
- Used - Near Fine with no dust jacket
- The Franklin Library
- Place of Publication
- Franklin Center, Pennsylvania U. S. A.
- Date Published
Terms of Sale
All sales sold on a satisfaction guaranteed basis--all we ask is that you notify us within 30 days of purchase that you would like to return an item.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2005
Ask Seller a Question
About Bluebird Books
Bluebird Books is the bookselling business of Eric Mayer, operating from my base in Littleton, Colorado. I specialize in classic fiction and literature, books on birds and natural history, railroadiana, biography, history and many other genres. Bluebird Books features publications by the Modern Library and Everyman's Library. I offer free shipping on books shipped within the US via USPS Media Mail. INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: I recommend that you use Biblio.com for your international orders because they have formed a partnership with Asendia to allow for much more affordable shipping on parcels weighing under 5 lb. (about 2.26 kg).
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [More]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a... [More]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the... [More]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in... [More]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- Any printing of a book which follows the original edition. By definition, a reprint is not a first edition.