History of Europe From the Fall of Napoleon in MDCCCXV  to the Accession of Louis Napoleon in MDCCCLII . Volume IV only: June 1844 through 1852.
by ALISON, Sir Archibald
- Very Good with no dust jacket
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
New York: Harper & Brothers, Publishers. Very Good with no dust jacket. 1860. Hardcover. Volume 4 only in author's four volume series (Spine says Vol VIII but title page has work as Volume IV). In tan calf leather with raised bands and titling on spine in gilt on black blocks. Endpapers and text block edges marbled. Hinges good, with some abrading to the calf at the spine. Volume has been exposed to dampness, interior pages are rippled but with no apparent dampstains. Prev. owner's bookplate at front pastedown. Textblock firm and intact. Includes 147-page extensive index of the events of European history from 1815-1852 for all four volumes of this series. A handsome, though faultily labeled, volume in this important work on the history of Europe. ; tall 8vo 9" - 10" tall; 542, 147, (2, ads) pages .
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
- Bluebird Books (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- History of Europe From the Fall of Napoleon in MDCCCXV  to the Accession of Louis Napoleon in MDCCCLII . Volume IV only: June 1844 through 1852.
- ALISON, Sir Archibald
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good with no dust jacket
- Harper & Brothers, Publishers
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date Published
- Bookseller catalogs
- >>History; >>European History;
Terms of Sale
All sales sold on a satisfaction guaranteed basis--all we ask is that you notify us within 30 days of purchase that you would like to return an item.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2005
Ask Seller a Question
About Bluebird Books
Bluebird Books is the bookselling business of Eric Mayer, operating from my base in Littleton, Colorado. I specialize in classic fiction and literature, books on birds and natural history, railroadiana, biography, history and many other genres. Bluebird Books features publications by the Modern Library and Everyman's Library. I offer free shipping on books shipped within the US via USPS Media Mail. INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: I recommend that you use Biblio.com for your international orders because they have formed a partnership with Asendia to allow for much more affordable shipping on parcels weighing under 5 lb. (about 2.26 kg).
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the... [More]
- Highly sought after by some collectors, a book plate is an inscribed or decorative device that identifies the owner, or former... [More]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [More]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a... [More]
- Calf or calf hide is a common form of leather binding. Calf binding is naturally a light brown but there are ways to treat... [More]
- text block
- Most simply the inside pages of a book. More precisely, the block of paper formed by the cut and stacked pages of a... [More]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- raised band(s)
- Raised bands refer to the ridges that protrude slightly from the spine on leather bound books. The bands are created... [More]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in... [More]