The History of Guilford County, North Carolina
by Stockard, Sallie W
- Good/No Jacket
Greensboro, North Carolina
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Knoxville, Tenn.: Gaut-Ogden Co., Printers and Book Binders, 1902. First Edition First Printing . Hardcover. Good/No Jacket. 12mo. 197 pages. Hardcover bound in burgundy cloth. The binding shows wear with some pale spotting on the spine. Front inner hinge is cracking. Early owner's signature on the front pastedown. A sound copy. The text is a little toned and has some occasional sporadic underlining. The leaf for pages 181-182 is browned and a little loosened. Illustrated.
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
- Pages Past Used and Rare Books (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- The History of Guilford County, North Carolina
- Stockard, Sallie W
- Book condition
- Used - Good
- Jacket condition
- No Jacket
- Quantity available
- First Edition First Printing
- Gaut-Ogden Co., Printers and Book Binders
- Place of Publication
- Knoxville, Tenn.
- Date Published
- 1902; Sallie W. Stockard; History; Guilford County; North Carolina; Greensboro; Rare; Collectible.
- Bookseller catalogs
- North Carolina;
Terms of Sale
Pages Past Used and Rare Books
14 day return guarantee, with full refund if an item arrives mis-described or damaged. Buyer pays return shipping.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2017
Greensboro, North Carolina
Ask Seller a Question
About Pages Past Used and Rare Books
Pages Past is a small used & rare bookshop located a few blocks from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. Since 1996 we have been serving the Triad community as well as customers from around the world. We have around 15-20,000 volumes in our shop. We specialize in North Carolina, Virginia, Civil War, Old Leather, Christianity, Eastern and Western Philosophies, and the simply unusual. We very likely have the oldest books in Greensboro; we keep a nice selection of antiquarian volumes and scholarly books.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- The portion of the book closest to the spine that allows the book to be opened and closed.
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in... [More]
- A duodecimo is a book approximately 7 by 4.5 inches in size, or similar in size to a contemporary mass market paperback.... [More]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched... [More]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [More]