History of the Reign of Ferdinand and Isabella
by PRESCOTT, William Hickling
- Very Good+
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
New York: The Heritage Press. Very Good+. 1967. Hardcover. The landmark work of Spanish history first appeared in 1837 and is presented here in a handsome reprint edition. Edited, and with a preface, by C. Harvey Gardiner, with eye-catching color illustrations by Lima De Freitas. With brightly colored map of Spain at endpapers. Sandglass leaflet laid in (NY, no. XII: 32). --- With De Freitas color portraits of the subjects on paper-covered boards, backed in olive quarter cloth with titling in gilt on red spine block. Volume housed in De Freitas illustrated paper-covered slipcase. --- A clean, tightly-bound, bright copy but with slight soiling to front cover, tiny bruises to back cover. Structurally sound slipcase has a little soiling & scuffing.; Tall Octavo - 9 to 10 in. tall; xxiv, 294 pages .
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
- Bluebird Books (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- History of the Reign of Ferdinand and Isabella
- PRESCOTT, William Hickling
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good+
- The Heritage Press
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date Published
- Bookseller catalogs
- >>Biography, Autobiography, Memoir; >>European History;
Terms of Sale
All sales sold on a satisfaction guaranteed basis--all we ask is that you notify us within 30 days of purchase that you would like to return an item.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2005
Ask Seller a Question
About Bluebird Books
Bluebird Books is the bookselling business of Eric Mayer, operating from my base in Littleton, Colorado. I specialize in classic fiction and literature, books on birds and natural history, railroadiana, biography, history and many other genres. Bluebird Books features publications by the Modern Library and Everyman's Library. I offer free shipping on books shipped within the US via USPS Media Mail. INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: I recommend that you use Biblio.com for your international orders because they have formed a partnership with Asendia to allow for much more affordable shipping on parcels weighing under 5 lb. (about 2.26 kg).
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Any printing of a book which follows the original edition. By definition, a reprint is not a first edition.
- A term used to denote a condition a slight grade better than Good.
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in... [More]
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing... [More]