The History of Rome, Volume 3 only (of four) (Everyman's Library #544)
by MOMMSEN, Theodor
- Good with no dust jacket
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
London / New York: Everyman's Library - J. M. Dent & Sons Ltd. / E. P. Dutton & Co., Inc.. Good with no dust jacket. 1930. Hardcover. A 1930 reprint of the 1911 issuance. Volume three only of the four-volume set of Theodor Mommsen's history of Rome. With introduction E. A. Freeman, translation from the German by W. P. Dickson. Entry 544 in Everyman's Library History series, edited by Ernest Rhys. --- In Everyman's Library binding style 3 with full scarlet cloth and gilt-stamped spine titling; blindstamped Eric Ravilious-designed 'shell' to cover and brown topstain. Volume lacks the dust jacket. --- A Good-only copy, with prior owner's bookplate affixed to front paste-down, tears to cloth at head of spine & along front joint, endpaper sticker and inked doodlings to textblock lower edge, else tightly-bound and intact.; 16mo - 6 to 7 in. tall; vii, 449 pages .
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
- Bluebird Books (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- The History of Rome, Volume 3 only (of four) (Everyman's Library #544)
- MOMMSEN, Theodor
- Book condition
- Used - Good with no dust jacket
- Everyman's Library - J. M. Dent & Sons Ltd. / E. P. Dutton & Co., Inc.
- Place of Publication
- London / New York
- Date Published
- Bookseller catalogs
Terms of Sale
All sales sold on a satisfaction guaranteed basis--all we ask is that you notify us within 30 days of purchase that you would like to return an item.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2005
Ask Seller a Question
About Bluebird Books
Bluebird Books is the bookselling business of Eric Mayer, operating from my base in Littleton, Colorado. I specialize in classic fiction and literature, books on birds and natural history, railroadiana, biography, history and many other genres. Bluebird Books features publications by the Modern Library and Everyman's Library. I offer free shipping on books shipped within the US via USPS Media Mail. INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: I recommend that you use Biblio.com for your international orders because they have formed a partnership with Asendia to allow for much more affordable shipping on parcels weighing under 5 lb. (about 2.26 kg).
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Highly sought after by some collectors, a book plate is an inscribed or decorative device that identifies the owner, or former... [More]
- Any printing of a book which follows the original edition. By definition, a reprint is not a first edition.
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [More]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- The paste-down is the portion of the endpaper that is glued to the inner boards of a hardback book. The paste-down forms an... [More]
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects,... [More]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched... [More]