A History of a Voyage to the Coast of Africa, and Travels into the Interior of that Country ; Containing Particular Descriptions of the Climate and Inhabitants, and interesting particulars concerning the SLAVE TRADE
by Hawkins, Joseph
- very good
- Very Good
Topsfield, Massachusetts, United States
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
"John S Popkin was the eldest son of Colonel John Popkin whom he succeeded in the Society of the Cincinnati in 1827 I knew him well from my entrance in college to the close of his life He was born in Boston June 19 1771 and died in Cambridge Massachusetts March 2 1852 He graduated at Harvard College in 1792 was Greek tutor there from 1795 to 1798 professor of the Greek language 1815 26 Eliot Professor of Greek literature 1826 33 He received the honorary degree of DD from Harvard College in 1815 He had been pastor of the Federal Street Church in Boston Dr Channing's from 1799 to 1802 and of the First Church in Newbury from 1804 to 1815. ... In important business transactions with Dr Popkin I found him very exact as accurate as he was in his college offices Few men excelled him in a knowledge of practical affairs and his integrity honesty and reliability were eminent the man was a counterpart of the scholar and instructor " (from Reminiscences and Memorials of Men of the Revolution and Their Families by Artemas Bowers Muzzey, 1883, p. 229).
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Kuenzig Books (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- A History of a Voyage to the Coast of Africa, and Travels into the Interior of that Country ; Containing Particular Descriptions of the Climate and Inhabitants, and interesting particulars concerning the SLAVE TRADE
- Hawkins, Joseph
- Full leather
- Book Condition
- Used - Very Good
- Quantity Available
- Second Edition
- Luther Pratt
- Place of Publication
- Date Published
Terms of Sale
Reserved items are held for 7 days pending receipt of payment. Reservations may be made by phone or email. Please identify the author, title, and stock number of the item. We accept wire transfers, checks and money orders drawn on U.S. banks in U.S. dollars. We also accept Paypal and American Express, Mastercard, VISA and Discover cards. Our Guarantee: All purchases are returnable within 30 days IF NOT AS DESCRIBED, presuming they are received in the same condition as sent. Please insure return shipments, and contact us in advance in order to make appropriate arrangements.
About the Seller
About Kuenzig Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....
- Title Page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the...
- The page bound on the left side of a book, opposite to the recto page.