Hobbit or There & Back Again, The (1938) 1st U.S. EDITION 2ND ISSUE of J. R. R. Tolkien Masterpiece Set in Middle Earth, with FACSIMILE of Original Dustjacket Designed By Tolkien, as Found on the Original UK Editions with Blurb from London Times on Front.
by J. R. R. Tolkien, INNER HINGES Cracked & Starting, Contains the Full Color Frontispiece the Hill: Hobbiton-across-the Water with Small Chip Edge & Small Water Stain, as Well as the Original b/w & Color Line Drawings By Tolkien. Illustrated Col
LONG BEACH, California
Standard Delivery: 7 to 14 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Houghton Mifflin Boston & NY, Printed in U.S., 1938. HBDJ, FACSIMILE DustJacket Fine condition, 1st US. Edition, 2nd Printing, 1938, Dates Match Title & Copyright Page, Second Issue with publisher's device Mark on title page With the Houghton Mifflin colophon (Seated youth playing pipes),BK GOOD- / FACSIMILE DJ FINE, Original Beige TAN cloth with Stains, Some Soiling, & Chips Tears Rub Extremities Cover, , Front boards have "The Hobbit" stamped in blue as well as Red Device, Interior relatively Nice, with FOXING, Wear O/W nice Tight Not Loose, Book is GOOD- Condition SOLD AS-IS . Interior Lower edge Moisture stains few pages near Spine & 5 or Pgs with Water stains Bottom edge of blank Margin of Illustration , Some small Brown stains some pages, 310 pgs, Tears Chips to Upper Lower Spine Cover, 8vo, a good candidate for Possible restoration or rebinding. Front Cover bit WOBBLY.. Illustrated Color Map Endpapers Wilderland front & Back is Thors Map endpaper, Half Title page small stains with blank pg before it Torn OUT, List of Illustrations. This book also has the half title page as called for. It features the 4 color including Frontispiece and 9 b/w illustrations by Tolkien, all of which are present. Classic of modern fiction. Cloth Cover stamped in blue and red (w/bowing hobbit on front board) The tale of Mr. Bilbo Baggins and his great adventures which introduces readers to the world of Middle Earth, a mystical ring and hobbits themselves.. 1st Edition. Hardcover. Good/Fine.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- BLUFF PARK RARE BOOKS (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Hobbit or There & Back Again, The (1938) 1st U.S. EDITION 2ND ISSUE of J. R. R. Tolkien Masterpiece Set in Middle Earth, with FACSIMILE of Original Dustjacket Designed By Tolkien, as Found on the Original UK Editions with Blurb from London Times on Front.
- J. R. R. Tolkien, INNER HINGES Cracked & Starting, Contains the Full Color Frontispiece the Hill: Hobbiton-across-the Water with Small Chip Edge & Small Water Stain, as Well as the Original b/w & Color Line Drawings By Tolkien. Illustrated Col
- Book condition
- Used - Good
- Jacket condition
- Quantity available
- 1st Edition
- Houghton Mifflin Boston & NY, Printed in U.S.
- Date published
- J.R.R. TOLKIEN FANTASY SCIENCE FICTION, WITH FACSIMILE DJ
Terms of Sale
BLUFF PARK RARE BOOKS
$5.85 Media Mail USPS or Priority Mail INS. $10.05, CALIF. RESIDENTS ADD 9.00% SALES TAX, Returnable if NOT AS Quoted , after calling Bookstore within 7 Days for Return Number ! 562-438-9830 Please note we support shipments ONLY to the following countries: Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Hong Kong, Iceland, Ireland, All Of Europe, Italy, Japan, , Netherlands, New Zealand, Northern Ireland, Norway, Portugal, Scotland, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, and the United States (including U.S. protectorates).
About the Seller
About BLUFF PARK RARE BOOKS
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- An abbreviation for otherwise
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- Copyright page
- The page in a book that describes the lineage of that book, typically including the book's author, publisher, date of...[more]
- An exact copy of an original work. In books, it refers to a copy or reproduction, as accurate as possible, of an original...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the...[more]
- Especially for older books, a printer's device refers to an identifying mark, also sometimes called a printer's mark, on the...[more]
- half title
- The blank front page which appears just prior to the title page, and typically contains only the title of the book, although, at...[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- The colophon contains information about a book's publisher, the typesetting, printer, and possibly even includes a printer's...[more]