Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
SIGNED first edition. SIGNED on the title page, signature only. Spine creased but straight. Cover has reading crease near spine, and corner is creased. Pages starting to tan. Ballantine mass paperback, 1st edition, 1st printing June 1974 (stated), ISBN: 9780345240118, 196 pages, cover art by Dean Ellis. 12mo (7" x 4.25") 2nd place, 1975 Locus Poll Award, Best Single Author Collection. Collects nine stories and one essay, including: Rammer, The Alibi Machine, The Last Days of the Permanent Floating Riot Club, A Kind of Murder, All the Bridges Rusting, There Is a Tide, Bigger Than Worlds (essay), $16,940.00, The Hole Man (winner, 1975 Hugo Award; 2nd place, 1975 Locus Poll Award, Best Short Story), The Fourth Profession (nominated, 1972 Hugo Award).
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
On Oct 1 2009, DavidThomas said:
I purchased A Hole In Space in 1979 and enjoyed the writing style of Larry Niven. I have been reading Larry Niven, Jerry Pournelle, David Gerrold, Arthur C. Clarke, Ben Bova, Gregory Benford, Robert Heinlen and John Steakley books. Larry Niven is the one author I spend the most time reading.
- Bujoldfan (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- A Hole in Space (A Ballantine science fiction original)
- Larry Niven
- Dean Ellis
- Mass paperback
- Book condition
- Used - Good
- Quantity available
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date published
- Known Space, Hugo winner
- Bookseller catalogs
- Signed Collectible; Science Fiction / Fantasy; First editions;
Terms of Sale
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2017
Ask Seller a Question
All books ship in boxes, and are packed with care. I will happily supply images of any item in advance of purchase, please ask.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the...[more]
- A duodecimo is a book approximately 7 by 4.5 inches in size, or similar in size to a contemporary mass market paperback....[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]