Homeric Synchronism: an Enquiry Into the Time and Place of Homer
by Gladstone, W. E
- See description
North Tonawanda, New York
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
New York: Harper & Brothers. 1876. VG, small light spot lower right corner, a few dark streaks front cover, small spot rear cover, corners slightly bumped and rubbed, slight wear head/foot of spine, bookplate front pastedown, previous owner's name early front ep. ; 12mo, brown cloth, gilt dec. Cover, gilt lettering with gilt dec. Spine, top edge pages gilt, beveled edges, 284pp. (uncut) , index. .
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Old Editions Inc. (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- Homeric Synchronism: an Enquiry Into the Time and Place of Homer
- Gladstone, W. E
- Book condition
- Harper & Brothers
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date Published
- CLASSICAL, LITERATURE, HOMER, CRITICISM, GLADSTONE
Terms of Sale
Old Editions Inc.
MasterCard, Visa, Discover, AmEx and PayPal accepted. Items may be returned within 30 days, if in the same condition as when ordered. NY residents must add 8.75% sales tax. Heavy or oversized items will require extra postage; international shipping will be quoted. All items subject to prior sale.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2017
North Tonawanda, New York
Ask Seller a Question
About Old Editions Inc.
We are one of New York state's largest antiquarian bookstores with 35,000 square feet of retail & warehouse space, located in the heart of downtown Buffalo, NY. We moved into our present location in early 2003, when we realized that we needed to significantly expand our shelf and wall space to accommodate our vast inventory of books, prints & artwork, historical documents, magazines, memorabilia, etc. We offer three floors of retail and gallery space, where our customers can shop for unique items in every price range. We take great pride in our personal service, well-organized departments, and pleasant ambiance. If you are seeking something specific you don't see listed in our online inventory, please contact us to check our offline stock for you.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in... [More]
- Beveled edges, or beveled boards, describe a technique of binding in which the edges of book boards have been cut into slanted... [More]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched... [More]
- A duodecimo is a book approximately 7 by 4.5 inches in size, or similar in size to a contemporary mass market paperback. Also... [More]
- Very Good condition can describe a used book that does show some small signs of wear - but no tears - on either binding or... [More]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a... [More]
- Highly sought after by some collectors, a book plate is an inscribed or decorative device that identifies the owner, or former... [More]