Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
"Dan Winterslip was the wandering black sheep of a respectable Boston family. He settled near Honolulu after having made big money abroad -- but no one knows how or where his cash appeared. No one still alive, anyway.
When Dan Winterslip is found on his veranda cot with a knife in his heart, there is no shortage of suspects for the Honolulu police department. There is his brother Amos, who had hated and avoided Dan for over thirty years. There is his nephew John Quincy, just off the boat from Boston, who has failed to dispose of an incriminating sea-chest. And there is a mysterious old shipmate from his seagoing days, recently arrived from points west, who had unpleasant memories to recall.
In his debut, master detective Charlie Chan sifts through a mountain of odd clues to arrive at a bizarre conclusion to a mystery from America's Golden Age of crime fiction."; 6¾" - 7¾" Tall .
The House Without a Key is a novel that was written in 1925 by Earl Derr Biggers. It is the first of the Charlie Chan mysteries written by Biggers. The novel, which takes place in 1920s Hawai'i, spends time acquainting the reader with the look and feel of the islands of that era from the standpoint of both white and non-white inhabitants, and describes social class structures and customs which have largely vanished in the 21st century.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Orielis' Books (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- The House Without a Key
- Biggers, Earl Derr
- Mass Market Paperback
- Book condition
- Used - Good
- Bantam Books
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date published
- Mystery Fiction, Murder Mystery, Charlie Chan (fictitious Character), Honolulu Hawaii, Police Procedural, Waikiki, Dan Winterslip (fictitious Character)
- Bookseller catalogs
Terms of Sale
All books are subject to prior sale. We accept payment with credit cards, personal or business checks, money orders, and PayPal. We can accept credit card purchases directly or via Biblio.com's shopping cart or through PayPal. You may return a book for exchange or refund within one month of the time you receive it. Please e-mail us beforehand with the problem and we will try to resolve it to your satisfaction. For books that are not "As Described", we will pay media mail return postage.
About the Seller
About Orielis' Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A defect in which small pieces are missing from the edges; fraying or small pieces of paper missing the edge of a paperback, or...[more]
- Mass Market
- Mass market paperback books, or MMPBs, are printed for large audiences cheaply. This means that they are smaller, usually...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- rolled spine or spine rolled. Damage to a book created by pressure to the spine making it fold or crease in the cover. Damage...[more]