Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Boston: Little Brown, 1969. First Edition. Hardcover. Very Good +/Very Good +. First edition of his first book, a collection of stories. This copy is signed by the author and very unusual thus. Very good plus in red cloth with book plate to inside front pastedown (mostly hidden by front flap), evidence of small sticker removal from ffep, minor crimping to lower board edges. Unclipped jacket is VG+ to NF with light rubbing and minor wear to extremeties. Author's next book was a Pulitzer winner. Scarce signed. Signed by Author.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Derringer Books (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Hue and Cry
- McPherson, James Alan
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good +
- Jacket condition
- Very Good +
- Quantity available
- First Edition
- Little Brown
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- Literature, Black Lit, Signed
- Bookseller catalogs
- Modern Literature / First Editions; Signed/Inscribed Books;
Terms of Sale
All books returnable for full refund within two weeks of delivery.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2005
Ask Seller a Question
About Derringer Books
Professional seller of quality first editions in all fields. Visitation by appointment.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- Full page illustration or photograph. Plates are printed separately from the text of the book, and bound in at production. I.e.,...[more]
- A common abbreviation for Front Free EndPaper. Generally, it is the first page of a book and is part of a single sheet that...[more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]