The Hunchback of Notre Dame (Classic Romances of Literature Ed.)
by Hugo, Victor
- very good
- Very Good/Very Good
Salem, Oregon, United States
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Hugo, Victor. The Hunchback of Notre Dame (Classic Romances of Literature Edition) Illustrations copyright 1937. Spencer Press, Consolidated Book Publishers, Inc. Chicago, Ill. Please See lower left-hand book in our batch photo for the item being offered here. (sorry about the group photo). USED. VG/VG Original Spencer Press illustrated white, blue and black dust jacket. Green blindstamped boards, Gilt titling, maroon titles blocks and ornamentation on spine. 414 Pages. 5 5/8 X 8 ½. RARE THUS. Summary: Classic title by French Author Victor Hugo about cruelty, courage, and love. A clean, square, solid copy.
Extended Description and Notes
Hugo, Victor. The Hunchback of Notre Dame (Classic Romances of Literature Edition) Illustrations copyright 1937. Spencer Press, Consolidated Book Publishers, Inc. Chicago, Ill. USED. VG/VG Original Spencer Press illustrated white, blue and black dust jacket. RARE THUS. Green blind-stamped boards, Gilt titling, maroon titles blocks and ornamentation on spine. 414 Pages. 5 5/8 X 8 ½. Summary: Classic title by French Author Victor Hugo about cruelty, courage, and love. A clean, square, solid copy.
Victor Hugo’s famous French Gothic novel, Notre-Dame de Paris ( also called The Hunchback of Notre-Dame ), was originally published in 1831. It is set in Paris during the 15th century. It follows Quasimodo, a disabled bell-ringer, on his quest for love from the beautiful dancer, Esmerelda. The first edition, titled Notre-Dame de Paris , was written in French and published by Gosselin on the 16th of March, 1831, in Paris, France. Since then, the novel has been through numerous editions and has been translated to many different languages. Notre-Dame de Paris has also been adapted into many various film, television, and theatre productions since conception.
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Mary Riversong Books (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- The Hunchback of Notre Dame (Classic Romances of Literature Ed.)
- Hugo, Victor
- Book Condition
- Used - Very Good
- Jacket Condition
- Very Good
- Quantity Available
- First Edition Thus
- Spencer Press
- Place of Publication
- Chicago, Ill
- Date Published
- 5 5/8 X 8 1/2
- Cruelty, Valor, Cathedral, Crippled, Deformed, Ugliness, Beauty, Kindness, Cruelty, Faith, Religion, Sanctuary, Le Miserable', France, History of France, Bellringer, Deafness, Torture, Drama, Salvation, Adventure Fiction Romance, Knighthood, Captain, Capi
- Bookseller catalogs
- For Sale; Books Into Film; Performing Arts; Religion; Fantasy; Social Sciences; Anthropology; PSYCHOLOGY; Classics; Law; Justice; Dust Jacket; Drama; Language Arts; Love; Tragedy; Movies; Disability; Fashion and Costumery; Historical Fiction; Adventure Fiction Romance; Young Adult Literature; 19th Century Literature; Romance Fiction; Horror Novel; Film History;
Terms of Sale
Mary Riversong Books
About the Seller
About Mary Riversong Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...
- Very Good Condition book with a Very Good Condition dust jacket. Very Good Condition indicates a used book that does show some...
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...
This Book’s Categories
- Bindings & Editions Hardcover
- Children & Juvenile Young Readers
- Fiction & Literature Action & Adventure
- Fiction & Literature Classic Literature
- Fiction & Literature Historical Fiction
- Fiction & Literature Psychological Fiction
- Fiction & Literature Science Fiction & Fantasy Fantasy
- Fiction & Literature Fiction by Period 19th Century Literature
- Fiction & Literature Horror & Supernatural Fiction