Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
London/NY/Toronto: London/NY/Toronto: Longmans, Green and Co., 1938. First edition. Hardcover. Very Good. Nancy Sharp. 5 3/4 x 8 3/4 in. 248 pgs. Black cloth boards with gilt letteriing on spine. B&W frontis and illus by Nancy Sharp. Copyright pg states "first published1938" below addresses of the Longman and Green offices in London, NY and Toronto. Condition of book is VERY GOOD ; corners not bumped, edges very slightly worn. Ends of spine have more wear, with slight bumping and some very minor wear to the cloth itself, resulting in two tiny holes at lower end, and a slightly larger area at top of spine with a tiny tear. Covers are very clean, with upper areas very slightly faded, as is spine as well. Gilt lettering on spine is nice and clear, and the book is very straight and solid, the binding tight. edges of text block and endpapers have some very minor foxing, text and illus are very clean. Small bookseller's label at rear pastedown, from The Holiday Bookshop, NY. A very nice copy overall of this very scarce classic, only recently reprinted. Rare RGR.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Andre Strong Bookseller (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- I CROSSED THE MINCH
- Louis MacNeice
- Nancy Sharp
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good
- Quantity available
- First edition
- London/NY/Toronto: Longmans, Green and Co.
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- Bookseller catalogs
Terms of Sale
Andre Strong Bookseller
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2008
Blue Hill, Maine
Ask Seller a Question
About Andre Strong Bookseller
I buy collections of books from estates in Downeast Maine and in France. We now have 2 used book stores open year round located at 33 water st Blue Hill Me. Red Gap Books (used books) & Andre Strong Bookseller (Antiquarian)
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- text block
- Most simply the inside pages of a book. More precisely, the block of paper formed by the cut and stacked pages of a...[more]