I Manoscritti e i Disegni di Leonardo Da Vinci dalla Fine del MCDXCIX al MDXIX
by Da Vinci, Leonardo
- See description
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Booklet with toning to edges of cover and very mild bump to one corner, otherwise very good; boards age-toned and with occasional corner bumps or creases, but still very good; reproductions all very fine (with the exception of very minor and unobtrusive waviness where two of the reproductions are tipped to their boards). Portfolio age toned and worn at folds, with one flap partially detached, but all ribbon ties intact and still functional.
Fascicolo VI (volume 6) of the series of reproductions of Da Vinci manuscripts and drawings published over the course of several decades by the Italian Ministry of Education.
Most of the drawings reproduced in this volume, which date from the end of 1499 through 1519, reside in the renowned collection at Windsor Castle, though others are (or were) in London and Paris such as the famous portrait of Isabella dEste Gonzaga at the Louvre, sometimes put forward as the sitter for the Mona Lisa, which is the first reproduction in the volume. There are quite a few of the much-discussed studi cataclismi (the deluge drawings) in this volume, among other typical subjects (battles, anatomical and motion studies, machines, animals, and so on).
(Given its dimensions and weight, this portfolio is likely to incur significant shipping charges.)
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
- Passages Bookshop (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- I Manoscritti e i Disegni di Leonardo Da Vinci dalla Fine del MCDXCIX al MDXIX
- Da Vinci, Leonardo
- Book condition
- Quantity available
- First printing
- Commissione Vinciana
- Place of Publication
- Date Published
Terms of Sale
All books are first editions in very good or better condition unless otherwise noted. Dustjackets are noted when present. Books will be held for one week unless other arrangements are made, and all purchases are returnable for any reason with advance notification. Institutional billing is available with standard terms.
About the Seller
About Passages Bookshop
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the... [More]
- Indicates that the affected part of the book has been impacted in such a way so as to cause a flattening, indention, or light... [More]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched... [More]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a... [More]