On These I Stand: An Anthology of the Best Poems of Countee Cullen. Selected by Himself and Including Six New Poems Never Before Published.
by Cullen, Countee
- very good
- Very Good
Hopewell, New Jersey
Standard Delivery: 7 to 14 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Octavo (8 1/4 x 5 5/8 inches; 210 x 140 mm), x, 197,  pages in black cloth, gilt title to upper board and spine, in an unclipped dust jacket.
A book of poems by one of the major figures of the Harlem Renaissance. Cullen selected these poems shortly before he died in 1946.
CONDITION: Scratch to lower board, light foxing to top and fore edges, a couple of pages unopened in rear of book. The unclipped dust jacket shows some rubbing and soiling, particularly on the lower wrapper. Overall, Very Good or better. A nice copy.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Le Bookiniste, ABAA-ILAB-IOBA (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- On These I Stand: An Anthology of the Best Poems of Countee Cullen. Selected by Himself and Including Six New Poems Never Before Published.
- Cullen, Countee
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good
- Quantity available
- First Edition, First Printing
- Harper & Brothers
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date published
- Poetry; African-American
- Bookseller catalogs
Terms of Sale
Le Bookiniste, ABAA-ILAB-IOBA
30-day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
About Le Bookiniste, ABAA-ILAB-IOBA
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- A state in which all or some of the pages of a book have not been separated from the adjacent pages, caused by a traditional...[more]